Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!



































































We had a great Valentine's Day, and was really excited to get out and go downtown. We've been in for over a week now, only getting out in the yard, and around Burke. Today, we went into DC to see Disney on Ice. We had a fun lunch at the Green Turtle and then walked around the block through China Town. Look at the one pic of the arch with the snow, and this is a week after the first storm, and 5 days since the second. I had wanted to have lunch in China Town, as it was the day before the start of Chinese New Year, but we decided to go to the Green Turtle which is attached to the Verizon Center. The show was great, and our seats on the 3rd row really made us feel like part of the action. We decided to come home and have dinner in Burke at our local Chinese restaurant, Ho's Dynasty. It's the year of the Tiger and we had a roaring good Valentine's Day! (Sorry I couldn't resist ;-})

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures -- I don't think I realized you went to Disney on Ice. I also love the pine wood derby pictures. Amy

Melanie & David said...

Have had fun catching up on your blog. So sorry about the tree falling on the deck and porch which we have not yet even seen. Disney on ice sounds great and 3rd row seats - awesome. Sounds like you made an effort at celebrating new year in our absence!
Love, Melanie et al.